cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you find the "Viewed Links" folder from the Mobile App when using the desktop website?

Where do you find the "Viewed Links" folder from the Mobile App when using the desktop website?

snol26
New member | Level 2

On my phone, I can see an area called "Viewed Links" and it shows me the folder that my friend shared with me via a QR Code. I can access everything inside her shared folder when on my mobile app. I cannot find a list of "Viewed Links" when logged into Dropbox on my desktop. I can forward the QR Code link from my phone when I scan it and I cannot forward the link from the Drobox app. I also cannot download the whole folder onto my account from the Dropbox app. I can, however, download individual files to my phone or export it via Airdrop, text message, or email.

If I completely delete the Dropbox app from phone, the QR Code will open the Dropbox link on a web browser. From there I can download the link to my Dropbox to access later - OR, I can copy and paste the link from the web browser and email/message it to myself to access later when using the desktop version of Dropbox on my computer.

This is wildly insufficient. Surely, there must be a better way to do this. We want to use the QR Code as a press kit and share with 100s of media folks for easy access to our content. The shared folder contains a ton of photos and documents and there is no way that media is going to download each file individually or delete their Dropbox app from their phone to access the link from the web browser.

Does anyone know a better way?

4 Replies 4

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @snol26, thanks for posting your question today.

The "viewed links" section of the Home tab on the mobile app does not actually exist on the website.

The QR codes that you create for your files, are meant to be accessed by mobile devices.

If you want other users to access your files, I would suggest creating and sharing an actual link to a file/folder, which can be pasted anywhere.

You can find the steps to do so here.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any more questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

snol26
New member | Level 2

We want to hand out cards with the QR Code to the Media folks who visit our trade show booths for our January/February trade shows. We don't necessarily always have their contact information to email them links or ability to get their contact info to follow up later.

If we hand out a card that has the actual link written out for someone to type in on their desktop, I'm not sure anyone would bother, making the handout pointless.

Is there any other option for us to share this link on a physical handout?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @snol26, unfortunately there's no way to share a shared link as a physical handout other than what you already mentioned previously.

However, I'm going to keep this thread open, in order for other users, or Superusers to share any additional workarounds with you.

I hope this helps!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

snol26
New member | Level 2

Thank you very much for your help. Truth be told, we are going to look into other services to see if we can find what we are looking for. I mostly share that for Dropbox's information to evaluate if they want to implement a way to do this so others can use QR Codes. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

snol26 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?