cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File solo-on-line risparmia spazio su disco

When will online-only files work on Linux?

edugsdf
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I need to save space on my hard drive. Online-only files would be the perfect solution, but it still does not work on linux fedora.

When will we have this solution?

186 Replies 186

stefano balladore
Helpful | Level 5

Ci saranno anche molte versioni di linux ma non mi sembra ci sia un'unica versione di Android ... sarebbe già molto utile che su linux permettessero la stessa funzionalità delle app android.

filipecamargo
Helpful | Level 5

Has anyone tried to run Dropbox via Docker? Smart Sync works via Docker?

Other toughts:
Sync.com says a Linux version is on their plans. They have a similar Smart Sync...

stefano balladore
Helpful | Level 5

Buongiorno,

avrei veramente necessità di poter utilizzare la funzione "risparmia automaticamente spazio su disco rigido" anche su PC Linux.

Tale funzione disponibile su windows (per i piani a pagamento) è un vero peccato oltre che una scomodità non poterla utilizzare.

Inutile sentirsi dire dal supporto tecnico di utilizzare la "Sincronizzazione selettiva" in quanto è tutta un'altra cosa.

Basterebbe che i PC linux potessero accedere alle cartelle come avviene per la app Android (sempre a base linux, tra l'altro).
Spero vivamente sia una funzione in arrivo perché utilizzando diversi PC Linux mi vedrei costretto a cercare altri sistemi di archiviazione.

Cordiali saluti

drdebian
New member | Level 2

I find it quite amazing that a feature like Smart-Sync has not made it to Linux, while it has been in the other Dropbox clients literally for years.

I'd really hate to have to move to another solution just because the high-ups at Dropbox deem their Linux user base too insignificant to warrant porting Smart-Sync over to the Linux client.

FlashyX
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Come on Dropbox! what on earth are you thinking leaving online mode out of the Linux version!!??? Seriously, like, what are you doing? Put in into your agenda for Mondays meeting right now!

FlashyX
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Dropbox, im after a clear answer here and hoping you can help not just me, but everyone who comes to this thread.

Will Dropbox ever support the online-only mode!!?? I can not for the life of me understand how this has not been implemented over the years, especially when we are paying for large storage plans, theres just no way we can fully sync to our systems, its a massive oversight.

Can we please have this brought to the front of your attention Dropbox? Can you please at least bring it up in a meeting?

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @FlashyX  ,

Thanks for bringing this up.

We understand how frustrating this must be, and we have passed on your feedback to the team. However, we don't have any further information on this at the current time.

If there's anything else you need or want to talk about please don't hesitate to reach out.

Need more support?