cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website keeps pausing my upload

Website keeps pausing my upload

NorthernHarrier
Explorer | Level 4

I just signed up on Dropbox with a basic free plan.  I tried uploading a 7MB MP3 file, and Dropbox keeps pausing the upload.  It tells me to check my Internet connection, but there is nothing wrong with my Internet connection.  Every time I re-start the upload, the website pauses the upload.  I am using a Dell PC, with Windows 10.  I tried re-starting the computer, re-starting Dropbox website, turning off my browser extensions, and turning off my Norton antivirus software.  Nothing helps.  Other relevant information: the upload speed, before the pauses, is very slow.  Dropbox tells me it will take about 30 minutes to upload this MP3 file that is just above 7MB in size.  

How can I possibly use Dropbox, if I can't even upload my first file?

10 Replies 10

Naje L.
New member | Level 2

Well I find myself in a similar boat and none of the above has worked for me. But a question NO ONE seems to be answering is "How do you resume a paused upload?" If I have been uploading a multi gigabyte file for hours and the upload pauses with 1 minute left, why should that entire process start all over again? And if it cannot be resumed, WHY call it a pause instead of a FAILED upload? The label 'pause' implies it can be resumed. Can the upload be resumed, and if yes, how? Does it resume on its own or does the user have to take steps to resume it? And if it cannot resume, please stop calling it a pause.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Naje L. New member | Level 2
    NorthernHarrier Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?