cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Only link is not loading folders from an app and the browser freezes

View Only link is not loading folders from an app and the browser freezes

REL_IT
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Community,

Iam a Dropbox Plus user and I have shared one of my app's folder using the view only link option which allows anyone who has the link to view the same. But the generated view only link is kind of malfunctioning in following ways.

1. Multiple Duplicate folders are shown whereas in actuall APP no such folders
  2. Loading for a long time yet not fully done.
  3. Browser freezes after sometime.

Note: I confirm I have signed out from dropbox account, tried Firefox, chrome and Edge in Incognito and normal login. (clearing all time cookies as well.)

Please help if anyone else had faced the same issue.image.png

12 Replies 12

Walter
Dropbox Staff

This might have to do with the fact that the folder you're trying to share is generated by your own app and those folders are probably temp folders with the needed files for the app to run properly.

Can you let us know some additional information about the app you developed and what you'd like to accomplish? 

Thanks a bunch @REL_IT 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

REL_IT
Explorer | Level 3

Yes your understanding with the folders are right. i.e They are created programmatically by our app. But I can assure you they arent temporary and we can access the same folders in the Dropbox web app as well which doesnt contain any duplicate folders like the shared screenshots.

All i need to do is share a view only link for our manager app users who needs to view the files that are unable to render by our another manager app. Like a proof verification app functionality. 

Note: It is a Dropbox Plus account, Im not sure if i will  have more control over the view only link settings 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@REL_IT, are you having the same issue if you create a new folder directly via the Dropbox website (not your app), and then generate a view-only shared link for it?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    REL_IT Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?