cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uploads from Scan document on an Iphone 12 pro max are stuck

Uploads from Scan document on an Iphone 12 pro max are stuck

emsilver523
Helpful | Level 6

When I use the Dropbox widget to scan a document on my iPhone, I take the photo, crop it, hit next, give it a simple filename with no special characters, choses a folder send click save, it just sits forever on uploading.  Subsequent scans say waiting for upload.  I have updated Dropbox to the latest version, and I am on iOS 15.6.1.  Even if I kill the app and come back, it is still sitting on uploading.  I have tried powering off the phone and airplane mode off and on, but it doesn't work.  The only way to fix it is to log out and back in to Dropbox but then I have to start the upload over.  This is happening weekly.

46 Replies 46

Riley M.2
Helpful | Level 6
Yes, that’s the same behavior I experienced.

Thankfully, it’s stopped happening, but I don’t know why, and I don’t know when it might start again, which has prevented me from committing to a long term paid subscription to Dropbox.

They offered to work with me via email but were being persnickety about the email matching (I use aliases) and the problem became less frequent so I gave up on that route.

I’m cheering you on from the sidelines now.

Sometimes rebooting the phone helps.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @threedots, sorry to jump in, but have you tried another wifi network or doing this via cellular data at all since you first noticed this?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

tenny1
New member | Level 2

I was ready to upload several screenshots to Dropbox to show you when I discovered that these uploads had also been stalled. Thus, it appears that other file types are also susceptible to failure.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @tenny1, just for clarification, did you try using a different WiFi network to upload the files, or using cellular data instead?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jhonjelly
New member | Level 2

The only solution is to log out of the app and then back in. That gets rid of the stuck file, so you have to scan it again so that it uploads correctly after that. But the issue returns the following time you attempt to scan and upload a file.

Duckey
New member | Level 2

On a brand-new phone, this is occurring once more. 2014 iPhone Pro. taken from a Dropbox scan. The scan proceeded smoothly. It's been waiting to be uploaded for a while. While it was still stuck, I was able to upload a picture from the Photos app to Dropbox. The document was still stuck, but the photo was there.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Jhonjelly & @Duckey, thanks for posting here! 

Can you let me know the version of the OS and of the Dropbox app that you're using on your end? 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?