cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uploads from Scan document on an Iphone 12 pro max are stuck

Uploads from Scan document on an Iphone 12 pro max are stuck

emsilver523
Helpful | Level 6

When I use the Dropbox widget to scan a document on my iPhone, I take the photo, crop it, hit next, give it a simple filename with no special characters, choses a folder send click save, it just sits forever on uploading.  Subsequent scans say waiting for upload.  I have updated Dropbox to the latest version, and I am on iOS 15.6.1.  Even if I kill the app and come back, it is still sitting on uploading.  I have tried powering off the phone and airplane mode off and on, but it doesn't work.  The only way to fix it is to log out and back in to Dropbox but then I have to start the upload over.  This is happening weekly.

46 Replies 46

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @emsilver523, thanks for all the details you’ve sent us so far. 

If you try to manually upload another small file from your phone’s camera roll, does the upload still get stuck, or is this only happening for your scanned documents? 

If it’s the latter, let me know and I’ll open a ticket for you.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

emsilver523
Helpful | Level 6

That worked fine but again it is very random.  I might upload 50 fine and then it stops working.  This has happened at least 7-8 times over the past 6 months

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I see what you mean. 

As soon as this happens again, feel free to give me a nudge here and we’ll investigate this further.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Riley M.2
Helpful | Level 6
This is happening anew on a brand new phone. iPhone 14 Pro. Scanned from Dropbox. Scanning went fine. It’s been sitting as an Upload for several minutes now. I was able to upload a photo to Dropbox from the Photos app while it was still stuck. Photo was there but the document was still stuck.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Riley M.2, happy Friday! 

Thanks for posting here. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread, such as clearing the app's cache, uninstalling etc.? If so, did you notice the same behavior?

Let me know more! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Riley M.2
Helpful | Level 6
I don’t know how to clear the cache, and I uninstalled and reinstalled on my previous phone, which seemed to resolve it. But this is a new phone (iPhone 14 Pro with latest iOS) and it’s still happening. In fact, I just rebooted in an attempted to get my last scan to upload and it’s still sitting there.

This happens randomly, but frequently. Sometimes it eventually uploads if I leave it overnight.

I have no confidence when I scan something with Dropbox that I will ever see it again.

Meanwhile, I just successfully scanned using your competitor OneDrive. Worked like a charm. For the same price as Dropbox, you also get a subscription to Microsoft Office. Looking like a good deal.

emsilver523
Helpful | Level 6
I just upgraded to an iPhone 14 pro max. It had been working fine until yesterday the problem resurfaced again after using the phone for 10 days.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Riley M.2, emsilver523, in order to look into this matter in more detail, would it be possible to reach out to the email associated with your forum profile?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

emsilver523
Helpful | Level 6

That would be fine.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks, I've sent you an email, please could you reply to it as soon as you get a chance!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?