cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploads are suddenly excruciatingly slow on Mac OS

Uploads are suddenly excruciatingly slow on Mac OS

jayfram
Explorer | Level 3

My uploads have slowed to a crawl. I have 1 gb fiber internet from CenturyLink and it's working fine. Just tested at over 900 Mbps upload and 400 Mbps upload. I am uploading my usual way through the Mac Finder, which has always been pretty zippy in the past. I'm on an Apple M2 Max Macbook Pro, running Sonoma 14.5. I'm uploading a bunch of image files, about 30-40 MB per file, and it's taking about 5 minutes to upload each single file.

Although this has never been necessary before, at the suggestion of Dropbox support I set the Dropbox network preferences to 900,000 Kbps upload limit. This changed nothing. Upload still crawling. 

I don't have a VPN or any other weird install on my machine (that I know of) that would throttle Dropbox. Please help!

Oh I do have a support Ticket #23845488.

thanks,

jay

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jayfram, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I can see that you're already in communication with a support agent on the ticket ID. 

They'll be able to provide more device-specific information to assist you further.

I've gone ahead and prioritized your ticket to expedite matters on your behalf.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jayfram
Explorer | Level 3

Well thank you! I saw on another thread that someone had success with Sonoma by logging out and then back in. Is that a good idea? What does that accomplish?

jayfram
Explorer | Level 3

Well that was evidently not a great idea. Now it is resyncing everything and who knows how long that will take, not to mention I was already on File Provider and now it appears to need to make that shift AGAIN. Blah.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jayfram Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?