cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox account isn't syncing to my computer any more

My Dropbox account isn't syncing to my computer any more

Kazz Ph
New member | Level 2

I bought a new iPhone (15 pro) lately but DropBox stopped synchronizing with my computer.
I logged out from computer DropBox and logged in again. Then it started syncing again but stopped once I restarted computer.
I uninstalled DropBox and installed again. Started syncing again but stopped once I restarted the computer. Keep doing the same thing many times but stops syncing once I turned off my computer.
What am I doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@Kazz Ph wrote:
I uninstalled DropBox and installed again. Started syncing again but stopped once I restarted the computer.

Is the Dropbox application starting when you sign back in to your computer? If Dropbox isn't running, it can't sync. Restart your computer, sign in, then look for the Dropbox icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).

073aa936fd712071ca907004919bf791.png

If you don't see that icon in your system tray or menu bar, then Dropbox isn't running and won't sync. Try to launch the application.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@Kazz Ph wrote:
I uninstalled DropBox and installed again. Started syncing again but stopped once I restarted the computer.

Is the Dropbox application starting when you sign back in to your computer? If Dropbox isn't running, it can't sync. Restart your computer, sign in, then look for the Dropbox icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).

073aa936fd712071ca907004919bf791.png

If you don't see that icon in your system tray or menu bar, then Dropbox isn't running and won't sync. Try to launch the application.

Kazz Ph
New member | Level 2
It worked!! Somehow I unchecked DropBox on the starting app and it was the reason. Just checked again and restart the computer but it worked!
Thank you so much!!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Kazz Ph New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?