cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uploading photos from phone

Uploading photos from phone

Mie I.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I basically got Dropbox in order to move my enormous collection of pictures and videos from my iPhone to somewhere else...The transfer went fine for a while, but then it has stopped and I keep seeing a message saying "waiting to upload". I have quit the application and relaunched, which does nothing. I have even upgraded Dropbox, as I suspect I will need the extra space...

There is still over 400 pictures which are "waiting to upload" plus a few videos. And did I mention I started this process 13th of December...?

37 Replies 37

Dustin A.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Worked for me, thanks!

Megan R.2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes!!!! Signing out and back in works!!! Also be sure in settings you have it "on" to auto download photos AND videos. Also if you don't have the setting on the use cellular data, then it will only work when you have wifi

Elsie J.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

My daughter has a Motorola moto 4g phone - She has many photos and videos sent to her via WhatsApp on phone but these will not upload to the computer.  Photos that she has taken herself on her  phone have no trouble uploading.  Has anyone any suggestions as to what may be the problem.  She has moved the photos and videos to dropbox,and dropbox on phone shows that they are there, but the computer does not recognise that these photos are there.

Dan R.16
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Nothing works for me, just did a factory reset on my phone and still same old lol

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

She has moved the photos and videos to dropbox,and dropbox on phone shows that they are there, but the computer does not recognise that these photos are there.

Are the photos visible when she logs in to the Dropbox website? If not, then they are not being uploaded by the phone. If they are, then the computer is not syncing them for some reason. You need to determine where the problem resides (phone or computer) so you know where to troubleshoot.

Nothing works for me, just did a factory reset on my phone and still same old lol

Exactly what do you mean by "nothing works"? That's like saying "my car doesn't work" and expecting a reason why in response. You need to tell us what isn't working, what steps to reproduce it, what error messages you're getting, etc. Details please.

Dan R.16
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Nothing works, as in - none of the fixes work for me. See this thread https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/205046953-camera-upload-failing

Jamesg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same on my phone, and it turned out that it was getting stuck on a corrupted picture. It would half upload a particular photo then stop. I went and found the offending picture in my gallery app, and it crashed the app too. Deleted the pic and all is well... Hope that helps.

Alex W.3
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm running Android N (7.0) on a Nexus 5X, and I also frequently run into this "Waiting to Upload" problem in the Camera Upload interface. I've turned on and off WiFi, logged in and out of Dropbox, and usually after 20-30 minutes of fiddling around with various things, I'm able to coax the Dropbox android app into uploading photos.

This is the first time I haven't been able to randomly solve things by restarting the app / phone / connection a bunch.

SUGGESTION:  It would be nice if the reason for the "Waiting for upload..." message were exposed to the end user. For example: "Waiting for WiFi connection" or "Waiting until battery is charged" or "Waiting (stuck on photo #820 for 87 minutes now)" instead of the all-purpose uninformative message we currently get.

Alex W.3
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I was able to solve my camera upload issue on Android by completely deleting the Dropbox app and reinstalling it.

(Just logging out and back into my account earlier did not do anything.)

Photos are now uploading again.

kmasonnaughton
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you!!! Signing out and then signing back in worked! Thanks again for helping!!

Need more support?