cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading To A Dropbox request URL

Uploading To A Dropbox request URL

BadDog Digital
New member | Level 2

To All,

I have a large amount of drone based image files, approximately 8K of them.  Each image is roughly 9 to 12 mb in size. There is a directory structure that has to remain intact, which consist of 1 main directory and 5 second level folders that contain images.  Each folder name has anywhere between 35 and 45 characters in the name of the folder, same for file names (If that makes a difference).

3 times now I have attempted to drag and drop the folder into the add files box, it will start the upload, get 7% to 8% and then just sits there.  The little animated box icon continues to animate but it never continues on.  

I did this same exact upload last month, exact same abount of images and same size but all the images that time where inside on folder that I uploaded.

The web interface does seem different this time, as if there was an update to the website.

Any suggestions

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@BadDog Digital wrote:

There is a directory structure that has to remain intact, which consist of 1 main directory and 5 second level folders that contain images.

Uploading a folder through a browser, especially one with multiple subfolders, is often problematic regardless of the service being used. If you have a folder structure that must remain intact it's best to zip the files ahead of time, preserving the folder structure in the process, and then uploading the zipped file.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?