cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploaded files lost

Uploaded files lost

andrewmathiason
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I had about 150 videos uploading to my dropbox, I deleted the dropbox app, because i now just use desktop, and when i go on there, the 150 videos i was trying to upload aren’t uploading anymore. What do I do???
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @andrewmathiason 

They wont appear on the desktop upload list because you uploaded them via iCloud on the mobile - the uploading doesnt move across devices like that. It only uploads from the device you are using. 

You are going to need to restore / download from iCloud again and then upload that way, 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Where did you delete them from? What exactly did you do? 

Have you checked in recycle bin etc.?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

andrewmathiason
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Okay so essentially I transferred 150 videos from my iCloud to dropbox. Then I deleted the dropbox app on my iPhone, to solely use the desktop version.  I go on my desktop app, and the 150 videos aren't in the upload queue anymore.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @andrewmathiason 

They wont appear on the desktop upload list because you uploaded them via iCloud on the mobile - the uploading doesnt move across devices like that. It only uploads from the device you are using. 

You are going to need to restore / download from iCloud again and then upload that way, 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    andrewmathiason New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?