cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload failed for PDF File from CamScanner

Upload failed for PDF File from CamScanner

michn33
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

There was no issue for the upload from CamScanner under PDF File previously but today I had an error of "upload failed".

Please assist.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all; thanks for your reports here!

I'm not sure if this will do the trick, but can you please try to install our beta version of the mobile app on your Android devices and let me know if you're still noticing this? 

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @michn33; welcome to the Community!

I'll be glad to look into this for you so could you please let me know a little more info about your setup and forward me a screenshot of the exact error you're getting so I can have a visual too?

While we're at it, I'm assuming you've made sure that you're running the most updated version of the apps in play along with your device's OS; right? 

Let me know what you find! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

aur_maz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem, not able tu upload pdf files on dropbox folders. I had to send to myself the file by email and upload from pc...Screenshot_20200608_150829_com.dropbox.android.jpg

RGraner
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same issue. Earlier versions of CamScanner easily integrated with Dropbox, but now I get an error message telling me that the upload failed due to missing permission to read file, same as user aur_maz below.

An additional phone prompt also reads "Unable to upload file due to security concerns".

It is not an issue with other apps on my phone. I will also address this problem with the CamScanner team, but would appreciate anything that you can tell me, e.g. how to authorize Dropbox to access the CamScanner folder on my phone.

smashing
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Same. I have been experiencing problems with uploading to Dropbox from camscanner since about 2 weeks ago. Problem doesn't seem to be from camscanner side.

isragul
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the exact same issue. There was no problem a week ago but now when I tried to upload a file from my phone it says "unable to upload file due to security concerns". I've tried the permissions settings on my phone but there is not one option related to this issue.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all; thanks for your reports here!

I'm not sure if this will do the trick, but can you please try to install our beta version of the mobile app on your Android devices and let me know if you're still noticing this? 

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

aur_maz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi Walter!
Thanks very much indeed for your suggestions! I've downloaded the DB beta version you said and I finally was able to share my pdf's on dropbox from camscanner, using the "condividi come pdf" command. Still not working the "upload" section (it's, I think, just a camscanner duplicate to upload on different cloud services).
Thanks again for your kindness!

Spoutnik
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Just wanted to let you know that I experienced same error message when trying to upload pictures after converting them to smaller size with "send reduced free" app. After downloading beta version of Dropbox, everything works again

ebhernanz
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hola

Tengo el mismo problema, me ocurre tanto con pdf como con jpg, pero no quiero descargar esa versión beta de prueba, porque utilizo Dropbox para trabajar y no quiero arriesgarme a perder (o no encontrar la) nformación que tengo almacenada. No soy buena con estos asuntos informáticos y no me dan seguridad estas pruebas.

¿No hay ninguna otra cosa que pueda hacerse para que Dopbox y CamScanner vuelvan a entenderse? Gracias

Need more support?