cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload a file to a link someone sent me

Upload a file to a link someone sent me

Tammi A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am brand new to drop box and I was sent a link from someone else and I need to upload some files to it. I created my account and now the files seem to be going into my account and not that link that the other person sent me? Help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I was sent a link
It is a shared folder

Those are two different items. A link to a folder is not a shared folder. If all you were sent was a link, then you cannot upload to it. If you were invited to the folder, then as Dave said it will appear as a folder in your own Dropbox.

If you were sent a link, ask the person to invite you to the folder instead.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dave C.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You can upload to a link.

You can only upload to a shared folder.

Tammi A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

It is a shared folder but I am unable to figure out how?

DaveC2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

shared folders will appear in your dropbox, upload to the folder in your dropbox.

or download the DB app and replicate your DB folders on your pc, then just copy the files into the folders.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I was sent a link
It is a shared folder

Those are two different items. A link to a folder is not a shared folder. If all you were sent was a link, then you cannot upload to it. If you were invited to the folder, then as Dave said it will appear as a folder in your own Dropbox.

If you were sent a link, ask the person to invite you to the folder instead.

Jason G.15
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks Rich.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Note that the File Requests feature now allows you to upload files to a Dropbox user without needing to have your own account.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?