cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to M2 Mac and Ventura, can't share links

Upgraded to M2 Mac and Ventura, can't share links

braypoor
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I've switched to a new Mac with an M2 chip and it came loaded with Ventura. I had been on Monterey. When I try to create a link, either directly from the Finder or from the website, and I paste it in an email, the link changes into an image of the file icon type. It's no longer a functioning link. Any ideas as to why? I use this feature multiple times a day and have for years and I can't really do my job!

thanks for any help,

B

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@braypoor wrote:

When I try to create a link, either directly from the Finder or from the website, and I paste it in an email, the link changes into an image of the file icon type. It's no longer a functioning link.

It sounds like your mail client might be trying to display a preview of the link. If you paste the link into plain text file, do you see the actual link? If so, the problem is likely your mail client.

braypoor
New member | Level 2

Aha!

Yes that is the issue. Just tried sending a link via web email client and it worked fine. Going to push my luck: any thoughts on how I can resolve that in Mac mail, or is this a question for apple support now?

At any rate, much thanks!!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

braypoor New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?