cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get back to my paid 2TB dropbox account online

Unable to get back to my paid 2TB dropbox account online

doungk
Explorer | Level 3

HI there, 

I was updating my security settings and somehow changed it so that when I log in on the online website to dropbox on my PC work computer, using my original email account address for my paid account, it takes me into a basic free account with none of my folders and files.  Somehow it looks like I have created a free basic account with my original email address that is now showing as basic free with empty folders.  I am still seeing my folders for the original email address on all my other devices (IOS) and am able to see the folders on my MAC OS Ventura 13.6 having downloaded the desktop app.  I keep going in a loop that says I'm already logged in using my original email account.  But no folders or files? Help please. 

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@doungk wrote:

I was updating my security settings and somehow changed it so that when I log in on the online website to dropbox on my PC work computer, using my original email account address for my paid account, it takes me into a basic free account with none of my folders and files.

It sounds like you're signed in to two different accounts, but it's not possible to have two accounts with the same email, so if you are signed in with two different accounts the email address would have to be different on each account.

While signed in on the website, go to your Account page and check the email address that's listed on your account. Then go into Preferences in the Dropbox application on the computer where you can still see your files and check the email address listed there. Are they different?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?