cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's no Dropbox icon on my Windows device, so I don't know if my photos have synced.

There's no Dropbox icon on my Windows device, so I don't know if my photos have synced.

NMDenise
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I am a novice at dropbox so forgive my ignorance.  My phone is set to upload photos automatically to my pc.  It has worked great for a few years.  But now I never see the Dropbox icon at the bottom right of the computer showing photos are transferred.  Not sure when it happened or what happened.  How do I get this working again?  Under my phone settings for photos, transfer to MAC or PC, I have it set to Automatic.  I have looked within my Dropbox on the pc, but don't see anything to get it to work.  Any help would be appreciated.  Not sure if I picked the correct board.  TIA

17 Replies 17

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update, Denise.

That's pretty strange, especially since you were able to see the notifications of the successful uploads.

Can you please send us a screenshot of your task bar icons?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

NMDenise
Explorer | Level 4

Please remind how to take a screen shot because it never seems to work.

NMDenise
Explorer | Level 4

Well I got the print screen to work.  But I don't know how to attach the image here from the clipboard?

NMDenise
Explorer | Level 4

NMDenise_0-1726163157313.png

I hope this is what you want.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the screenshot, @NMDenise! When looking at the bottom right side of your computer (where your clock and date settings are located), I see there's a small Dropbox icon there (with a red notification on it). This is the icon of the Dropbox app that's necessary to make sure the app is actually syncing on your device. 

Can you click on it and let me know what's its current syncing status

If it says up to date, then your app should be working properly and all of your files should be showing in your File Explorer > Dropbox folder. 

The other Dropbox icon you were referring to previously (the one in your task bar) takes you to the local Dropbox folder, but it doesn't open the Dropbox app and its absence doesn't mean the app's not syncing.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

NMDenise
Explorer | Level 4

Oh my gosh!  I didn't even see it.  It wasn't there earlier today but I totally missed it when I did the screenshot.  So sorry.  It does say it is up to date.  We shall see if it stays there and continues to upload photos off my phone.  Thank you.

NMDenise
Explorer | Level 4

Nancy,

Would you be able to answer this question for me as well?

Also, I am wondering if you know how I can move photos from the Photos folder on the Start menu into Dropbox.  I uploaded photos from my Canon camera the other day and I selected Photos and Dropbox, but they didn't go into Dropbox.  I have looked and looked at how to move them out of Photos, but nothing has worked.  The app has changed since I last used it a few years ago lol.  Thanks for all your help.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @NMDenise, the Photos folder on the Start menu is like the Dropbox folder, so it can be accessed in File Explorer.

You should be able to drag and drop the photos you want from within that folder into the Dropbox folder, and then they'll sync to the site.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    NMDenise Explorer | Level 4
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?