cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Photos from iPhone 13 Pro Max are no longer transferring to Dropbox on PC.

There's no Dropbox icon on my Windows device, so I don't know if my photos have synced.

NMDenise
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I am a novice at dropbox so forgive my ignorance.  My phone is set to upload photos automatically to my pc.  It has worked great for a few years.  But now I never see the Dropbox icon at the bottom right of the computer showing photos are transferred.  Not sure when it happened or what happened.  How do I get this working again?  Under my phone settings for photos, transfer to MAC or PC, I have it set to Automatic.  I have looked within my Dropbox on the pc, but don't see anything to get it to work.  Any help would be appreciated.  Not sure if I picked the correct board.  TIA

17 Replies 17

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @NMDenise, let's jump right into this!

Do you connect your mobile with the computer using a cable, by any chance or not? 

Would you mind clarifying the OS you're using, along with the app's version and syncing status at the moment? You can find the app's version by hovering your mouse over the little Dropbox icon on your task bar, next to your WiFi. 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

NMDenise
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Megan,

I haven't tried with a cable because the photos were always automatically sent.  My OS is Windows 10.  Here is the problem the Dropbox icon is no longer showing on the task bar and is not in the hidden icons.  I don't know when it disappeared.  So there is no syncing now.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @NMDenise! If you go to the Start menu on your computer and then go to your Programs, do you see Dropbox in the list? What happens if you double click on the Dropbox app there? Can you see the icon again in your system tray after that?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

NMDenise
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox is on the Start menu but nothing happens when I double click on it and nothing shows up on the Task Bar.  However when I click on Dropbox icon on my desktop it does take me to Dropbox.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @NMDenise, would you mind following this link and perform a quick re-installation of the app? 

Let me know how it goes!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

NMDenise
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Megan,

That worked!  I have a couple of questions though.  I still don't see the icon on the task bar (did see it while it uploaded the photos), so is that when I will see it and do I have to click on Dropbox on the Start menu every time I want to upload photos?  It used to always be on the Task Bar and would just automatically upload.

Also, I am wondering if you know how I can move photos from the Photos folder on the Start menu into Dropbox.  I uploaded photos from my Canon camera the other day and I selected Photos and Dropbox, but they didn't go into Dropbox.  I have looked and looked at how to move them out of Photos, but nothing has worked.  The app has changed since I last used it a few years ago lol.  Thanks for all your help.

NMDenise
Explorer | Level 4

Megan,

I have another question (sorry).  When I try to attach photos from Dropbox to an email on my computer, I am finding that not all the photos are in Camera Uploads.  This has been going on for quite awhile.  If I start Dropbox, all the photos are in there as I mentioned earlier that your suggestion worked.  But I just tried to compose an email and when I click on attach files from computer and then pick Dropbox from the list and click on camera uploads, not all the photos are there.  When I do it on my phone, the photos are all there.  Any ideas why this is happening?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @NMDenise, I hope it's okay for me to jump in as well!

Firstly, we need to make sure that the Dropbox icon stays in your task bar permanently, because that's an indication that the Dropbox app works correctly.

You mentioned that you see the notifications that the photos are syncing, but you don't see the actual Dropbox icon.

Is it possible that it's hidden? Can you click the arrow there, that shows your hidden icons, to see if it's there?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

NMDenise
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Hannah,

The only time I say the Dropbox icon on the task bar is after I did the installation above and then clicked on Dropbox in the Start menu.  My photos from my phone finally uploaded to my pc.  However, now the Dropbox is NOT on the task bar and it is not in the hidden icons.

Need more support?