cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.

The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.

Lilit D.
New member | Level 1

For 25days we have been uploading small videos in dropbox, and we have been able to watch them without any issue. From yesterday people started complaining to get this message that I believe have something to do with the JAVA atualization on mac's chrome, firefox and safari. Since I experience some difficulties also with my bank security. I was able to play the video on my ipad which have not been updated. If I shared a folder I get this message on the video, if I share just the video it does play, but I need to share a whole folder of videos. If i'm log in my account it play the video. I'm not sure if dropbox is experience any problem in the network. Really net a solution.

5 Replies 5

terry p.3
New member | Level 1

I have exactly same issue, this is not good, Cant deliver media file properly to clients

vic c.1
New member | Level 1

Same exact issue. VERY FRUSTRATING as I had 3 important time-sensitive .mov files that could not be viewed by my contacts. I wound up having to pay for a premium account on Vimeo so my videos could be uploaded/viewed. I got this error message when trying to view the linked folder on Safari on a Mac running OS 10.9.5.
What is going on?

Lilit D.
New member | Level 1

So I sign in for a trial of the unlimited Amazon Cloud, yesterday, since the dropbox Brazil answer me that they are not a media player and people are supposed to download the video before playing it. Amazon have being fast upload and free for the first 3 moths, they don't have a password on the link, but I imagine this is a question of time, I sorry dropbox, but if you don't fix this issue you are going to loose a couple of clients....

Dejana B.
New member | Level 1

Same issue here. Cannot play any videos shared with me, and my family cannot view the .mov files I share with them.

Tony B.17
New member | Level 1

Has anyone figured out a fix to this issue?  I am having a problem with the error code on .mov movies hosted by Vimeo and would be interested to know if anyone got to the bottom of it!  Thanks.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Tony B.17 New member | Level 1
    Dejana B. New member | Level 1
    Lilit D. New member | Level 1
    vic c.1 New member | Level 1
    terry p.3 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?