cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Syncing in Microsoft 11

Syncing in Windows 11 creates conflicted copies

ehendry
Explorer | Level 3

I have been happily working in Dropbox on a joint project with a colleague for several years now, viewing and editing shared documents. However, since installing Microsoft 11 - and despite having the Dropbox app installed too - I have repeated problems with syncing issues.

It regularly creates 'conflict' copies of docs and I have just opened a shared doc in order to edit, only to spot that it's not the most up-to-date one, created three days ago. I have found the latter in the online folder, but it hasn't synced with my desktop PC folder.

This could have caused us real problems as the final document is due to be sent to a client on Wednesday. Can anybody help?

6 Replies 6

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on the forum, @ehendry

Can you please check this Help Center article on conflicted copies, and let me know if it clarifies the situation? 

Other than that, is your desktop app syncing alright? You can double check its syncing status by clicking on the small Dropbox icon in your system tray.

Keep me in the loop.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ehendry
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Nancy

The conflicted copies may be due to the issues mentioned in the article - I haven't monitored them closely enough to check when they're occurring, but will in future.

With regards the syncing, it's clearly not happening systematically, but I can't see anything on the app that refers to syncing status. In contrast, my files that sync with OneDrive always have a green tick when they sync properly, but there appears to be nothing similar on Dropbox docs in the app and nor is there anything in the menus that refer to syncing status. What should I be seeing?

ehendry
Explorer | Level 3

Further to my response below, I've found a doc re Dropbox, but that's left me even more puzzled, as my Dropbox app icon doesn't appear to correspond to what's advised, e.g. it doesn't show my 'avatar/initials' in the top right corner (although my online account does).  The icon in my notification tray shows I have five notifications, but isn't live in any way, so the only way I can access these is to go online. Nor does it have any of the sync status symbols that it should have.

When this problem first arose, I deleted and reinstalled the app several times, but it hasn't solved anything. 

The whole issue has arisen since I started using Microsoft 11.

ehendry
Explorer | Level 3

Hi again

I have just downloaded the app AGAIN, and everything has changed - I'm now seeing syncing info and the little black icon is live.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ehendry, sorry to jump in here, but could you send us a screenshot of what's troubling you exactly so that we can have a look too?

As for the syncing icons on your files, you can take a look at this Help Center article

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

ehendry
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter

If the problems occur again, I will send you screenshots as suggested. At the moment, I'm keeping my fingers acrossed (but in a puzzled, why did it go wrong? sort of way).

Need more support?