cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, this type of video cannot be saved to this device

Sorry, this type of video cannot be saved to this device

RemPetitjean
New member | Level 2

Hello, 

I can't save video files to my Iphone using Dropbox... I'm speaking about standard resolution short mp4 videos, the most common video to use ever. 

Can you let me know what I should do ? 

Thanks, 

Sincerely but upset 😉
Remi

13 Replies 13

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hi @RemPetitjean, thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, can you please walk me through the steps you take when you get this error and, if possible, a screenshot of the error as well?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

alex ross
Explorer | Level 4
I am also getting this error, i cannot work it out. I exported from premiere pro as h264 with a low 2-4vbr setting and everything correct. But it does not save to my camera roll from dropbox. I have enough device storage and have checked all that please help!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @alex ross, can you try this solution here, to see if it helps?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RTB Visuals
Helpful | Level 5

I run a video production company and I always upload my files to dropbox to send to my clients. Recently I've been having issues downloading footage to my iPhone. I do this all the time. I'll upload the final video to dropbox and download it to my phone for full quality. I recently filmed a football game in which I uploaded all of the raw clips to a folder to send to the team and they could download them to their phone or computer. None of the videos have been edited, they came straight from my sd card into my computer and into dropbox for download. I had one of the players reach out to me saying he was having issues downloading his clips. So I went to download them to see what the issue was and for some reason when I go to download any of the clips I get a message saying "sorry, this type of video cannot be saved to this device" I can't seem to find the reason to this considering I did nothing different and I've done this same process over 50 times now. The only difference in the entire situation is that I recently started filming in 4K 60FPS but this still doesn't make sense because I have uploaded and downlaoded videos in the same settings before via dropbox.. please help.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @RTB Visuals, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Firstly, can you please make sure that you're on the most recent version of both the Dropbox app and iOS?

Also, do you have this issue with other types of files or just these ones?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RTB Visuals
Helpful | Level 5

I have everything updated. I've never had the issue before. just this one time. I've tried to upload them twice and still had the same issue!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @RTB Visuals, sorry to jump in here, but could you clarify the type and size of the file(s) in question and your device's exact OS version as well as the version of the Dropbox mobile app installed there as well?

Are you able to download and/or preview it through a web browser normally? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

RTB Visuals
Helpful | Level 5

Of course. The files are mp4 files shot on a Sony FX3. File format is 4k 60FPS and the sizes are on average  about 200-500MB each. my phones iOS software is iOS 16.7.1 and dropbox app is version 348.3 when I uploaded the footage to the desktop dropbox I can view and download them to my Mac Studio without issues. I can still view the files on my dropbox app on my iPhone but when I go to download them to my device is when I get the error. I've seen other people with the same issue unresolved.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Have you ensured that you have enough space on your device for the downloads @RTB Visuals?

Have you tried clearing the app's cache at all since you first noticed this by the way? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Paul James New member | Level 2
    zacw Dropbox Engineer
    RTB Visuals Helpful | Level 5
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?