cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared link from client "temporarily disabled".

Shared link from client "temporarily disabled".

ay98182
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This has happened to me twice now! I'm a video editor and a client has shared 300GB or so of footage with me via their Dropbox, in 3 folders of 100GB or so. I copy over the first folder to my Dropbox. I then try to open the second link and it tells me:

"Link temporarily disabled

This can happen when the link has been shared or downloaded too many times in a day.

Check again later and we’ll open access to more people"

What is this nonsense? How am I supposed to work like this if I have to wait for the Dropbox ban on the other account to time out, as I need my work promptly? Why can't Dropbox's system handle more than 100-200GB? I wasn't even downloading it yet, just copying over to my Dropbox. 

I have also confirmed with my client that no one else at all has access to the link she sent - no one else is sharing or downloading it, only me. The link for the second folder wasn't even downloaded or copied over once - only the first folder was, one time with me. She has also not sent out any download links for any material except this in months.

How am I supposed to resolve this? So frustrated as I thought this platform was for professionals...greatly appreciate any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ay98182, let's jump right into this! 

In general, someone would receive this message when going over their daily bandwidth limits for their Dropbox account and plan.

It sounds like in your case, your client might have exceeded their sharing limits and their links have been temporarily banned. 

This message isn't related to the quota amount on the account, but the daily limits when using shared content. It could also be related to the type of content they share.

They'd need to contact Support, in order to see what can be done about it, and for our Team to remove the ban.

If you have any questions, let me know! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ay98182, let's jump right into this! 

In general, someone would receive this message when going over their daily bandwidth limits for their Dropbox account and plan.

It sounds like in your case, your client might have exceeded their sharing limits and their links have been temporarily banned. 

This message isn't related to the quota amount on the account, but the daily limits when using shared content. It could also be related to the type of content they share.

They'd need to contact Support, in order to see what can be done about it, and for our Team to remove the ban.

If you have any questions, let me know! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?