cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: Refreshing a folder on Android does not seem to refresh the folder view

Problem: Refreshing a folder on Android does not seem to refresh the folder view

sourcejedi
Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

1. I edit a small .txt file on Desktop, increasing the file size e.g. to 10 bytes.

2. I see my txt file synchronized OK.

3. I see my txt file is now shown as 10 bytes on the dropbox.com website.

4. Using the Android Dropbox app, when I pull down from the top of the screen, a refresh animation appears.  But, the file is not updated with the new size.  It still shows the old size.

(I have also sent this as in-app feedback)

11 Replies 11

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @sourcejedi, the behavior that you mentioned earlier, does this happen with all of your files, or just some of them? 

Also, do you think you can pinpoint when this started happening? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

sourcejedi
Explorer | Level 3

"I installed Dropbox on Android [on Monday]. I've never used it on Android before."

I don't edit any of my Dropbox files except for 1) test TXT files that I created for this purpose 2) the KeePass / KDBX password file.  (The rest are all old files, that I won't touch).  Let me know if there is a different test that will help debug this problem.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sourcejedi Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?