cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online-only and available offline missing on Windows 10.

Online-only and available offline missing on Windows 10.

skverskk
Explorer | Level 3
Hello,
   I've spent nearly a half day trying to figure this issue out, to no avail.  I;ve carefully read all posts on the Dropbox Community Forum.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled the Dropbox App.  i've rebooted my PC.  I even uninstalled Google Drive app, just to make sure Dropbox was the only cloud app on my computer. But, still cannot get the "online-only" to appear in the Dropbox App when I right click the mouse. And ves, there are 7 other Dropbox selections available, but no online-only selection.   I've even downloaded a newer beta version, but that still made no duiference. So presently I have version 204.4.5420 installed on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop with 16 gig ram and 256 HD. I  also have the "Default Browser Context Menu" set to the ON position in the dropbox.com settings menu.  I cannot think of any other possibility as to why I cannot get the "ONLINE-ONLY" to show up in the context menu. And, of course, since this is my own Lenovo laptopm I am the only person who has Admin privileges.  I'd certainly appreciate any assistance in this matter.  i do consider mysrelf fairly tech savvy and am a software developer, but I can't think of anything else I failed to do.
Thank you,
9 Replies 9

radical_exponent
Dropbox Engineer

Hi @skverskk,

One way this can happen is if you have "" toggled off in the settings view on dropbox.com

skverskk
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

As mentioned in my post, File Extensions is set to the "On" position in my dropbox.com settings. I believe I've tried all sorts of different scenarios with no resolution. Looks like Dropbox is not going to work for me.  I could use Selective Sync, but that's not really what I'm looking to achieve.  Thank you for your reply.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @skverskk, welcome to our Community! 

One more thing that you might want to check is this post from our Community manager. 

If this doesn't help the situation at all, let me know and we'll have a closer look into this.

Thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

skverskk
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Megan,

Thanks for the rcesponse. I've already tried the Registry Edit that the Community Manager alluded to in the post.  In fact, that was one of the first things I tried. I'm pretty sure I've read multiple posts and suggestions throughout the Community Forum.  I'm at the end of my line.   Google Drive, presently, works for me. I initially un-installed it, thinking it might be clashing with Dropbox, but made no difference. So, I gave Dropbox it my best shot and it just doesn't seem to want to work in my environment. Thanks again for your response.

-Ken

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @skverskk, would you mind sending me a couple of screenshots of your Dropbox folder, and specifically what you see when right clicking on a file/folder there? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LynnDbx
Dropbox Engineer

Hi,

We on the engineering team have taken a closer look at your experience and have identified an issue that is preventing these menus from showing up for you. We're working on a solution now. Thank you for reporting this issue!

skverskk
Explorer | Level 3

Ok. Well that sounds promising. So, I assume there's going to be a quick solution, or more of a longer term solution? Well, in any event, thanks for jumping in.  Hope yo hear more from you, soon.  -Ken

LynnDbx
Dropbox Engineer

We believe we have resolved the issue. Could you try again and let us know if you see the "online-only" option now?

skverskk
Explorer | Level 3

Yep.  Works now! And when I select on-line only, the green checkmark goes away and when I change it back to "off-line", the green checkmark re-appears, as expected. Thanks for the quick turn around.

--Ken

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

skverskk Explorer | Level 3
    LynnDbx Dropbox Engineer
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?