cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notification

Notifications/Alerts in regards to shared folders, and how they work

AlannaMP
New member | Level 2

When sharing a folder with a group of people, will each person (including myself) receive an email notification once a document has been uploaded to the folder?

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@AlannaMP wrote:

When sharing a folder with a group of people, will each person (including myself) receive an email notification once a document has been uploaded to the folder?

You can enable a weekly digest email for activity in your shared folders, but that's it.

jimcpell
Explorer | Level 4

I am using a folder that has been shared with me, online, I don't have dropbox installed on my pc, and I don't receive notifications of file movements in that folder,
what should I do

Mark
Super User II

How do you mean notifications? If you mean emails/pop ups etc. then this is correct as no feature exists. 

You need to manually check. 

You can get weekly digest emails via the Account Settings pages but not ongoing regular ones. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

@jimcpell wrote:

I am using a folder that has been shared with me, online, I don't have dropbox installed on my pc, and I don't receive notifications of file movements in that folder, what should I do

There are no notifications like that. You can opt-in to a weekly digest of activity in your shared folders, but that's it. You can do this on your Notifications page.

Need more support?