cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not getting notifications when files are added to folder

Not getting notifications when files are added to folder

BriGuyOSC
Helpful | Level 5

As the title says, I'm not getting notifications when a file has been added to a shared folder that I created. I can see that something was added if I view "Sharing activity," but I'm not getting notified. In fact, when I click the bell icon to view my notifications, the last notification I have is from last month... so, if there is sharing activity from 10/17, how come there is no matching notification about a file being uploaded?

I noticed this happening today, when I received an email last night about "Last week's updates in your shared folders." I'm like LAST WEEK????? How come I'm just now seeing this??? (Granted, it was just Thursday when they were added, so it hasn't been a full week, but still...)

File added 10/17 (today is 10/22) and I'm just now finding out that some files were added.

Windows 10

Using the Dropbox app

Attaching screen shots (if this works)

DB-Notifications.png

DB-Sharing-Activity.png

DB-Notification-Settings.png

DB-Last-Week-Updates.png

    

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BriGuyOSC
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you. I did notice yesterday that I had Windows notifications turned off, so I turned that on and am getting notifications of them being added in my Windows notification sidebar. So that's a workable solution. Just odd that the notifications within the Dropbox app are still from a month ago. 🤔

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @BriGuyOSC, thanks for posting here today! 

I'd like some more time to look into this. Then I'd be happy to get back to you with further details.

Thank you so much! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BriGuyOSC
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you. I did notice yesterday that I had Windows notifications turned off, so I turned that on and am getting notifications of them being added in my Windows notification sidebar. So that's a workable solution. Just odd that the notifications within the Dropbox app are still from a month ago. 🤔

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@BriGuyOSC wrote:

... I received an email last night about "Last week's updates in your shared folders." I'm like LAST WEEK????? How come I'm just now seeing this???    

Just a quick comment on this. What you're seeing there is a digest. It's a once-weekly email notification showing the share activity from the previous week.

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @BriGuyOSC,

Just a quick follow up.

Did turning on Windows notifications do the trick for you?

Let us know if there’s anything else you need help with.

BriGuyOSC
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi, thank you. Yes, turning on the Windows notifications is a workable solution (after manually disabling Windows notifications for other apps that already provide their own notifications; gets to be overkill) -- just odd that the Dropbox app, itself, isn't showing any.

Need more support?