cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to shared folder

No access to shared folder

Milou89
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I have been given access to a shared folder by my organization/group. However, whenever I click the folder I get the pop up that I don't have enough storage. Our group does have a business subscription and we get billed annually. We use our business emailaddress, but I also have a private account (not being used currently). 

We can't find the solution ourselves. How to proceed?

Thanks in advance,

Milou 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Milou89 wrote:

I have been given access to a shared folder by my organization/group. However, whenever I click the folder I get the pop up that I don't have enough storage. Our group does have a business subscription and we get billed annually.

You may have been invited to join a shared folder owned by your organization, but you still need enough available space within your account to hold the folder. Each member of a shared folder gets their own copy of the folder and they need enough space in their account to hold it.

If your organization has a Dropbox Business account, and you're invited to join the team, then you'll merge your account into the team account and then you can take advantage of the extra storage that the organization pays for. If the organization just has a paid Plus or Professional account, then no other account gets to use their storage.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Milou89 wrote:

I have been given access to a shared folder by my organization/group. However, whenever I click the folder I get the pop up that I don't have enough storage. Our group does have a business subscription and we get billed annually.

You may have been invited to join a shared folder owned by your organization, but you still need enough available space within your account to hold the folder. Each member of a shared folder gets their own copy of the folder and they need enough space in their account to hold it.

If your organization has a Dropbox Business account, and you're invited to join the team, then you'll merge your account into the team account and then you can take advantage of the extra storage that the organization pays for. If the organization just has a paid Plus or Professional account, then no other account gets to use their storage.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?