cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on sharing Bulk Image URLs with Amazon

Need help on sharing Bulk Image URLs with Amazon

upixinc
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Team Dropbox,

This is to request you humbly to please help us to understand our mistake.

What went wrong while uploading the pictures - as you can see the window continuously shows the following error.

To keep Remotes secure, we need to confirm your identity

The dialog box opens up to log in with credentials.

I request you to please help us to make all our product images public so that they can be accessed by anyone.

Even after setting it to option - Anyone with a link can view and edit - yet the Folder can’t become Public.

What the right method, and best practice to use Dropbox - so that all our image links can be opened by anyone (totally public) - hence the servers of Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, etc. can access them easily without any error🙏

Please do the needful help at the earliest.

We badly need this - as we need to submit our bulk product catalog sheet on Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Jiomart, and Other Portals - without Image Links we won’t be able to do it- no other platform generates the acceptable link that Amazon allows!

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak

[personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

7 Replies 7

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @upixinc, thanks for messaging the Community.

Are you aware that there is a daily bandwidth limit, which if breached would result in your links being temporarily banned?

Just for clarification, you don't want the entire folder of images to be public, but you want each image to have a separate shared link, is that correct?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

upixinc
Explorer | Level 3

I am an E-commerce Seller.

We have the links ready - even though we can access the URLs properly Amazon can't accept those URLs due to the error. 

Facing genuine error while uploading Bulk Catalog sheet on Amazon

We could not access the media at the URL https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tk191ae55pii8l/1.jpg. A 403 HTTP status code was received. Ensure that the server or firewall configuration is not blocking Amazon servers from accessing the media.

Pls help with the error.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

The shared link should have an rlkey on them, and you'll need to change the dl=0 to raw=1 in order for images to be previewable. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@upixinc wrote:

We could not access the media at the URL https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tk191ae55pii8l/1.jpg. A 403 HTTP status code was received. Ensure that the server or firewall configuration is not blocking Amazon servers from accessing the media.

Hi @upixinc,

Yes, the media couldn't be accessed since there is not any media. The link, you posted, points to preview page (HTML text), not to any image. This text embed your image that can be seen in web browser, but not accessible directly. That's where the error comes from.

You can "transform" such a link as adding "?raw=1" at the end (i.e. it becomes something like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tk191ae55pii8l/1.jpg?raw=1) or replace the domain www.dropbox.com to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (i.e. something like: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5tk191ae55pii8l/1.jpg). In such a way resulted link point to the desired file instead of preview page.

Your example is relatively old link that can be used in such a way. You don't need to keep anything else here. Your new links however will carry rlkey too (as Jay mentioned too). It's mandatory to keep this parameter, otherwise the link becomes invalid.

Hope this helps.

Zink London
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for a detailed answer!

Can you please help me to understand how to remove the rlkey from the image url? 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Zink London wrote:

Can you please help me to understand how to remove the rlkey from the image url? 

Hi @Zink London,

You can remove any parameter (including rlkey) in different ways (depending why and how you're going to do it). By hands - nothing special - just remove it together with a neighbor '&' if any. There are many classes that deal with URL in different programing languages. Usually there are convenient methods to add/remove/modify parameters (like rlkey) - read your environment documentation, if you use any, for more information.

More important question is why are you going to do that?! Keep in mind that in such case your "shared" link would be no more shared! The only use case of such a modified link is point the file only in some very specific situations (i.e. unusable in most cases - not to say broken). Be aware what you're going to do!

Good luck.

Zink London
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Здравко, thank you for the guidance! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Zink London Explorer | Level 4
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?