cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: that didn't work for some reason error

My recipient gets a "that didn't work..." error message when they use a link to a folder.

Dan Laferriere
Helpful | Level 6

My recipient is getting "that didn't work..." error message when they use a link to a folder.

I have a password set on the folder. They are asked to use the password, when they use it the "That did not work..." error message pops up. 

Sharing folders by link is on.

They tried pasting the link into a private browser and just get a generic Dropbox link.

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Dan Laferriere wrote:

My recipient is getting "that didn't work..." error message when they use a link to a folder.

What does the link look like? Post it here but scramble a few characters to make it an invalid link, or change any words that may be private.

Rich
Super User II

@Dan Laferriere wrote:

I changed a few letters

That appears to be a properly formatted link. What happens if you try it yourself in a different browser where you're NOT signed in to Dropbox? Use an Incognito or Private browsing session to test it.

Need more support?