cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My "share dropbox link" option in the drop down box is gone, how do I get it back?

My "share dropbox link" option in the drop down box is gone, how do I get it back?

Michael M.84
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm trying to send a link to someone and I have the file saved to my dropbox but I don't have the option to share the dropbox link. This just started as I shared a link a few weeks ago.

53 Replies 53

aintnobeach
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
same problem on PC

Aju George K.
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Its basically not a dropbox mistake, I changed my OS from Captain to Sierra today. Its working fine now. Not only that, I lost Airdrop also when I changed to Captain, that have also come back. My mail also crashed in between when i was using captain, that problem is also fixed up. For me it was a problem in the OS, but don't know how its treating Windows !!!!!

rond
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Anvisha P. wrote:

I think it's more likely the Creative Cloud finder extension. Anyway, I'm glad to hear this is working for you- hopefully it's not flaky in the future!

hello Anvisha, having the same issue. how do i disable the creative cloud finder ext.?

denoftheives
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

yeah and they won't even **bleep**ing respond and you can't get a **bleep**ing human.  How is this -- my assistant is somehow administrator even though I am paying -- natch, being double and triple charged by them, and they won't **bleep**ing respond.  Assholes.  On another note, anyone have recommendations for cloud storage once I suspend my dropbox account and get my duplicate charges back?

MagicJoe
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I had the same issue within minutes of sharing another link.  It seems that dropbox had stalled somehow.  I was unable to open any of the options.  I opened Task Manager (Windows 10) and clicked End Task for all of the Dropbox extensions listed under Processes.  I then restarted Dropbox and everything was right back to normal.  I'm sure that  a reboot of the machine would have done the same thing but probably would have taken longer...

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @MagicJoe, welcome to our forum :slight_smile:

Can you make sure that you’re using the latest stable version of our desktop app (28.4.14)? You can get it here

If you’re using the above version, and continue to have this issue, please write in to us here http://bit.ly/2iahyK0 so an agent can investigate and assist. 

Thanks!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @denoftheives, welcome to our forum! 

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had a less-than-stellar experience with our support team, and I’d like to take a look at your case. 

If you have a case (ticket) number, please include it in your reply to me here, and I’ll be more than happy to investigate. 

Thanks

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

bobgrif
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had only the drop box showing in my finder so there was nothing to interfere with the problem. I unticked and reticked but no change.
I am on the OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 but have been using it perfectly well since it was installed, so clearly, you solution is not the answer.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @bobgrif, welcome to our forum! 

Are you not seeing the sharing options either? If so, would you mind sending me a screenshot so I can have a look too? I’d like to take another look at this and see if we can’t come up with a fix. 

Can you please also make sure that you’re using our latest stable desktop app

Thanks! 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

communitygw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I tried to do this but it did not work. When will this issue be fixed? I do not like having to share files from the Dropbox website.

Need more support?