cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My DB folder seems offline and it doesn't sync new shared files

My DB folder seems offline and it doesn't sync new shared files

Officina MAD
Explorer | Level 3

Hi all, 

My DB folder seems offline since yesterday. I can paste files in it, but there is no uploading icon. It is a shared folder (business account) and my colleagues have the same problem. We can't see any modifications and can't share the files. Everything was working regularily till yesterday afteroon, wifi is good and has no problem. Any suggestion? 

13 Replies 13

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Officina MAD - sorry to jump in here, but do you happen to be running any security software like antivirus, firewall or VPN/proxy settings on the affected computer(s)?

If so, you can try disabling them temporarily, reboot your device and try again.

Let us know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Officina MAD
Explorer | Level 3

Dear Walter, thank you for your reply. Actually everything was working normally untill yesterday and I didn't change any settings about security softwares... so honeslty I wouldn't know what to do 'cause everything is as usual

Officina MAD
Explorer | Level 3

I would need to uninstall and install again the app, but as I wrote before I don't know how to do it as I'm not able to logout! don't you have a solution?? isn't there another way to uninstall?!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to jump in as well, @Officina MAD, but to simply reinstall the app, you don't need to log out of it.

Reinstalling the app (without uninstalling or logging out) should restore the Dropbox icon.

Can you try from this link and let me know what happens? Are you getting some kind of error?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Officina MAD Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?