cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Monterey-New Location

Monterey-New Location

TurquoiseWoman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I notice DB has created a new location.  All my folders & files seem to be in there OK, but the folders in the new location are not being synced.  I checked at DropBox.com and the folders in the old location are being synced, not the new one.  What do I have to do?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TurquoiseWoman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It just took a while.  Dropbox is now syncing with new location.  I was very brave and once I was sure, I deleted the old Dropbox location.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @TurquoiseWoman, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please let us know the desktop app's exact status and version as shown in your menu bar at the moment?

Also, if you check the app's preferences under the sync tab, where's the Dropbox folder located?

Keep us posted and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

TurquoiseWoman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi, although I have been using dropbox for a long time, I have not had any trouble until now, so I am really not familiar with its inner workings.

I think I have paused syncing for now, but can't confirm that.  I am using version v173.4.6706.

I am using the latest version of Monterey 12.6.5 with no updates available.

The location for the Dropbox that is NOT being synced is: Macintosh HD-Users-Guthrie-Library-CloudStorage-Dropbox (5-3-23 3/46 PM).

The location for the Dropbox that is STILL being synced is: Macintosh HD-Users-Guthrie

I taken some screenshots but can't work out how to attach them to this message.  I will need step by step instructions from you.

Thanks

TurquoiseWoman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am confused.  I actually can't tell what is being synced as the online Dropbox.com does not appear to be syncing with my mac desktop Dropbox app.

TurquoiseWoman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It just took a while.  Dropbox is now syncing with new location.  I was very brave and once I was sure, I deleted the old Dropbox location.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear it's sorted now and thanks for keeping me in the loop too @TurquoiseWoman - much appreciated!

Have a lovely week ahead and see you around the Community. Take care!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?