cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating large folder from private professional Dropbox account

Migrating large folder from private professional Dropbox account

TCP2024
New member | Level 2

Hi all,

I am a psychologist and I'm part of my team's Dropbox account. I have my own folder in that account that I can only see and it has about 150+ folders of current and past clients with my session case notes etc, which is highly confidential. 

As I am starting my own practice, I have a responsibility to maintain that folder of documents aside from my old practice. I asked the Director to allow my new email address to support sharing of the folder, but as it is all so confidential, she has been advised not to accept my request for that new email address to be included for ease of sharing as it could compromise the security of the whole team folder (very understandable).

Thus, I can copy a link, but I actually need to either copy or migrate that whole folder to my new clinic's Dropbox account as my inclusion in that account will end once I leave the practice. Every time I try to share the folder it says the zip file is too large, or there are too many zip files to transfer. 

I am getting the feeling that I will need to individually download the now thousands of documents (all the individual case notes for each client I have ever had) and create a new folder in my new dropbox account for my new clinic. This is so inefficient and surely there is another way. I would so appreciate any help you can give. Sarah

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @TCP2024 - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you send me a screenshot of the exact error you're getting when trying to share the mentioned folder with your new account?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

TCP2024
New member | Level 2

Zip File.png

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the screenshot @TCP2024 - much appreciated.

May I ask how many files the folder contains? 

Could you also walk us through the exact steps you take that result in this error?

Have you tried another browser by any chance? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    TCP2024 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?