cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Sharing Failure

Link Sharing Failure

PolestarUK
New member | Level 2

I am trying to share a link to a video file - something we have done every week for years now. For the first time ever I am getting the below message. I have followed the instructions and found no known incidents. Heading back to home was not terribly helpful suggestion! Does anyone in the Community have any idea what I can do next?

"Error. Something went wrong. Don`t worry, your files are still safe and the Dropbox team has been notified. Check out our Status Page to see if there is a known incident, our Help center and forums for help, or head back to home."

3 Replies 3

r2r
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue. Haven't found a fix at this point.

PolestarUK
New member | Level 2

Thanks for sharing. I think this issue is systemic as it seems to be failing on all of the links we have shared recently.  Hopefully somebody is in over the weekend at DropBox Support to fix it.

Rich
Super User II

@PolestarUK wrote:

I think this issue is systemic as it seems to be failing on all of the links we have shared recently.

Shared links are still working fine for me so it's not likely to be systemic. It's probably account related. Is it possible you've reached a download or bandwidth limit on the classes you sell? Or perhaps your links/ability to share has been banned for another reason.

Hopefully somebody is in over the weekend at DropBox Support ...

Dropbox Support is not available on weekends. They work a Monday-Friday schedule. Also, this being a holiday weekend in the US, they may not be available until Tuesday.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    PolestarUK New member | Level 2
    r2r New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?