cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit the number of files uploaded, and not just total size, and expiration date in file requests

Limit the number of files uploaded, and not just total size, and expiration date in file requests

Delanae
New member | Level 2

I have a team that repeatedly uploads excessive images.  Yet, I keep getting way more than I have asked for and I'm at my wits end.  I ask for 100 images, and I regularly get far more than that.  I have told them for years, and it keeps getting ignored. It's time to put a stop to it but I need help. 

I have worked for GoDaddy in years past and they had a system for me to upload my files to and it had only enough room for their requested number of individual files.  It also had a time limit and if I didn't upload by a specific date/time the link would expire... and I'd love that also because sometimes I can't get my team to upload their files within 2 days as I have repeatedly requested.  

So, I would think it would be possible for Dropbox to allow us the ability to send out a new fresh file request with only enough room for a set number of images, please don't limit the file size, just the number of individual images.  It would be awesome if we could set an expiration date for the link to be upload able... but please make sure the images don't expire once they are uploaded.  I just want the team to hurry up and upload their files so they don't lose them. 

2 Replies 2

Delanae
New member | Level 2

I was forced to pick a tag, nothing matched.  

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Delanae, thanks for messaging the Community.

In order to keep ideas separate, we would request a second idea. However, we do have the file requests feature, which does allow you to set an expiry date, if you're on one of the plans listed in the article.

Would that satisfy your requirements for the deadline feature?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Delanae New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?