cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I've been banned from sharing links. What can I do?

I've been banned from sharing links. What can I do?

blindbat84
Explorer | Level 3

So, I have been banned from sharing links from Dropbox for years, I never did get any understanding of why, I never got an email about it and just dug back through to see if I had gotten anything, but no such luck. It gives a message on the site that I did something against the ToS but I have absolutely no idea how or when. This has been years and I never share links enough for it to have mattered until recently now that I'm doing tabletop gaming. Is there anything at all I can do to get this ban removed at all, I don't even know when this started or why.

70 Replies 70

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @lanasays, thanks for the details. In order to look into this in more detail, please could you contact the support team directly for them to investigate further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lanasays
Explorer | Level 4

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to get ahold of the Support Team somehow - it says my plan does not support direct communication with support team, although my account should be on Business Plus plan. Can you contact me via e-mail?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Could you confirm what plan you're seeing on this page?

Could you try following through the navigation at the top, or try clicking this link directly to see if you can submit a request?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

lanasays
Explorer | Level 4

this page is confirming Dropbox Business Plus in trial.

The contact page is showing no active options on contacting or creating a request:

lanasays_0-1729794776509.png

Mark
Super User II

@lanasays wrote:

this page is confirming Dropbox Business Plus in trial.

The contact page is showing no active options on contacting or creating a request:

lanasays_0-1729794776509.png

Thanks for the image. 

Support options are not available for those who have not paid. You will get access to those options once you have paid and are no longer in trial membership. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

lanasays
Explorer | Level 4
Thanks for an advice. Can I pay somehow earlier than the trial period ends? I really need this to be fixed…

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the info. Dropbox trials currently don't have access to support options, aside from the community. 

Regarding the pausing of your shared links, generally this would take 24 hours until you would be able to share again. 

Please could you consult this article for more information on the daily data limit for sharing files on your account. As you're still on a trial, the Basic limits would apply at this time.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

lanasays
Explorer | Level 4
Thanks Jay. Is there any way you can support me in providing earlier payment options by any chance? I have my card linked to the account. The ban happens basically every 24 hours, so I cannot allow this to happen tomorrow again. I would be very grateful.

stoeszt
New member | Level 2

I also have this problem. I realized that I shared a link with a large amount of files. I already removed the link from sharing. Is it possible to have sharing link access restored? Please let me know if there is anything else that I need to do in order to have sharing access restored.

Mark
Super User II

@stoeszt wrote:

Is it possible to have sharing link access restored? Please let me know if there is anything else that I need to do in order to have sharing access restored.

Bans will automatically remove, usually, after 24 hours for a first ban, however, each one gets longer. There is no way around this unless you pay to upgrade (and if you have upgraded already its just a wait it out I'm afraid)

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?