cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Share files

I just want to share my photos or videos to my computer/external hard drive. How to do so?

Lwigginton2
Explorer | Level 4

I just want to share my photos or videos to my computer/external hard drive. How can I do this seemingly simple task?

9 Replies 9

Mark
Super User II

What exactly are you trying to do and we can try and advise?

If you are wanting to have Dropbox automatically move files and photos to another directory or folder then this isn't possible I'm afraid. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Lwigginton2
Explorer | Level 4
No I don’t necessarily need anything to be automatic I just want to select photos or videos from my Dropbox and either copy or move them to my external hard drive. I have it connected to my computer and my Dropbox opened up to my pictures and videos but I can’t seem to see how to move them (or copy) to my external hard drive

Mark
Super User II

The Dropbox folder on your computer is a folder like any other. Just make sure whatever you want is set to 'offline access' and copy/paste or drag/drop as anything else. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Lwigginton2
Explorer | Level 4
Ok I’ll try that!! Thank you so much!!

Lwigginton2
Explorer | Level 4
Sorry, one last question, so there’s no way around having to download them to the computer before transferring to the external hard drive? I thought in the pst I could drag them from whatever they were on to the hard drive as long as they were both connected to the computer

Rich
Super User II

@Lwigginton2 wrote:
Sorry, one last question, so there’s no way around having to download them to the computer before transferring to the external hard drive? I thought in the pst I could drag them from whatever they were on to the hard drive as long as they were both connected to the computer

The only way to transfer from Dropbox online directly to an external drive is to download the files from the Dropbox website and specify your external drive as the download location in your browser.

If, however, you already have the Dropbox application installed and your files are syncing to the local Dropbox folder (which is already on your computer), you can just drag them from the Dropbox folder to your external drive.

Lwigginton2
Explorer | Level 4
That’s so neat that I can specify the download location from Dropbox website, where do I do that?

Rich
Super User II

@Lwigginton2 wrote:
That’s so neat that I can specify the download location from Dropbox website, where do I do that?

You don't do that on Dropbox. It's a setting in your browser.

Lwigginton2
Explorer | Level 4
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate all of the information!
Need more support?