cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't share file error out of nowhere, sharing activity interrupted

I get the message that my files might contain phishing content

Xanthocletes
Explorer | Level 4

I am trying to share a file and get the message "We’ve interrupted your sharing activity because your files might contain phishing content"

Relevant Facts:

1) File does not contain phishing content.

2) I haven't used dropbox for about a year, so I'm not over any limits.

3) File is legal content, legally obtained.

4) File is 22 MB.

No customer support except for paid subscriptions.

So I guess this is why I don't use dropbox.....

183 Replies 183

len pal
Explorer | Level 3

Good call - done. Thanks!

RossComer
Explorer | Level 4

Megan / Nancy: I'm having the same issue:

Previously shared folders are broken: "That didn't work for some reason.  If it's a fluke, it might work if you refresh the page." with a sad dog.

Trying to create a new Sharing link gives: "Can't Share file.  We’ve interrupted your sharing activity because your files might contain phishing content."

Can I get a followup?

Mx07z
Explorer | Level 3
& for how long are files active? Recommend other playlist sites that are not spotify nor amazon? Im trying to get something like dropbox or bandcamp to work since not many work as playlists in background or the sort of .html profiles. Advice would be great to know about, also liked the past styles of Grooveshark.com & Playlist.com

GSBox
Helpful | Level 5

After nearly a week I seem to be having the same error message again and I have no idea why, nothing new has been uploaded whatsoever and again this issue popped up over the weekend which is not so convenient.
"Can’t share file We’ve interrupted your sharing activity because you tried to share a file that may contain malware. Check your email for instructions on how to resolve this."

Any chance someone could look at this so I could try figure out what the issue is? Most likely one of the uploaded files is triggering a false-positive, but the question is why now, why after several years of not having any issues or errors. Thank you in advance. 

Mark
Super User II

You need to contact support @GSBox : www.dropbox.com/support.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

GSBox
Helpful | Level 5

Unable to do that on a basic plan @Mark 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @GSBox, I hope you're doing well! 

Were you able to locate the email instructions that are automatically sent when this happens? 

You should have received some next-steps in order for you to resolve that. 

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Mx07z, welcome to our Community!

It's possible that you're experiencing this behavior on your account.

Have you recently shared and files or links that could be a breach of the Terms of Service? Did you receive any relevant emails from Dropbox, on how to proceed? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

GSBox
Helpful | Level 5

Unfortunately, there is no email with any instructions being sent @Megan. I've seen other members reporting the same situation, where the supposed email is not being delivered, so we are kinda left in the dark. I would love to see something similar to MF where if there's an issue with one of the files then only that particular file is being tagged and not the whole account. Would appreciate it if you could take a look at the situation, I am using the same email address that is attached to my dropbox community account.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @GSBox, I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this. 

I'll see you there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?