cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: We've interrupted your sharing activity because files might contain phishing content

I get the message that my files might contain phishing content

Xanthocletes
Explorer | Level 4

I am trying to share a file and get the message "We’ve interrupted your sharing activity because your files might contain phishing content"

Relevant Facts:

1) File does not contain phishing content.

2) I haven't used dropbox for about a year, so I'm not over any limits.

3) File is legal content, legally obtained.

4) File is 22 MB.

No customer support except for paid subscriptions.

So I guess this is why I don't use dropbox.....

183 Replies 183

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @oharaeservice - sorry to jump in here, but would it be OK if we sent you an email to have a further look internally?

Otherwise, you can reach out to our team from your end for further assistance with this via this form

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

oharaeservice
Explorer | Level 3

Yes. Please do.  

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @oharaeservice, I just sent you an email, I'll see you there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

oharaeservice
Explorer | Level 3

Megan,

Whatever is supposed to be working here with regarding the email received and an open ticket,  it is not.  Emails are coming into my personal email address that is a separate free Dropbox account and not the one having the issue.  It is the [removed per Community Guidelines] account that is being impacted by this sharing issue.  

Is there a way to set up the ticket for the correct account so that I don't get an error when clicking on the ticket link?

Or, even better, is there a way for you to re-allow sharing back on all of the Dropbox files in the above-referenced Dropbox account?

If this cannot get resolved shortly, our firm is going to have no choice but to move our files to a different sharing platform.

Thank you,

Karen

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi again, Karen! Due to security reasons, we can only log tickets with the email address that’s linked to the Community profile from which you’re currently contacting us here. 

However, what you can do is forward the email Megan sent you to the correct email address, and reply again to her from there directly. She’ll be able to check the correct Dropbox account then, and further help.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

GSBox
Helpful | Level 5

Hello,

Several hours ago I have generated a new link for one of my uploaded files, everything went smooth after I documented myself on the new links structure, however shortly after that I've tried accessing the shared links and I've got nothing but a 404 error. The member area is not really helpful at all in this case because clicking Copy Link on any of my current files gives me the download link as usual, however as soon as I tested uploading a .gif image and generate its download link I got the following error: Can’t share file We’ve interrupted your sharing activity because you tried to share a file that may contain malware. Check your email for instructions on how to resolve this.

That's basically the reason all of my current shared links result in a 404 page error. I have received no email about this whatsoever and all the files have been uploaded several years ago, all of them are definitely clean, open source and not containing any malware whatsoever. I would appreciate it if someone could take a look at my issue, wish I get some more information on what file could trigger that or at least limit the issue to that file alone and not for all my current shared links that I had to replace because of that. Again, I never had this error before today when I simply regenerated one of the links, mainly because I thought I needed to do that to get a direct preview/download.

GSBox
Helpful | Level 5

Just an update, the error seems to be gone now, the same way it popped up initially and both the old and new structure links work. Hopefully these false-positive random errors won't be an issue anymore.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @GSBox!

Glad to know everything is back on track. 

If you need something else, please let me know and I will be more than happy to help every step of the way. 

Enjoy the rest of your week ahead!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

len pal
Explorer | Level 3

A couple of my users get 404 errors when trying to open documents that are shared to them. Likewise, at least one of those users, when trying to share documents, gets a message saying "We’ve interrupted your sharing activity because your files might contain phishing content." -- this happens even on a completely empty folder.

If the user that gets the 404 error tries to open a share link in an incognito/private mode browser, the document opens (but since they're not logged in, they can't edit it, which is critical. This happens across multiple browsers, just for certain of my users. 

Please advise.

Mark
Super User II

It sounds like your sharing has been disabled - I'd suggest contacting support at www.dropbox.com/support and ask for help

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?