cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't see the updates another user's making in my shared file

I don't see the updates another user's making in my shared file

ldr
New member | Level 2

I am the account holder, and have created and shared a file.  The other person has updated the file, but the updates are not syncing with my computer.  I have deleted and reinstalled the Dropbox app on my computer, but it still is not syncing. 

The account is well under the limit.  The other individual and I work together frequently in this manner without issue.  Neither of us have changed computers. 

Any suggestions about how to correct this issue?

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Is the other person working on the file inside of Dropbox and is Dropbox running on their machine? 

What does Dropbox say if they mouse over its icon on the status bar?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ldr
New member | Level 2

They are working within Dropbox online, not in the app, same as always.

Her file is showing as having been updated, but that is not carrying over to my online, or app version of Dropbox. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@ldr, if you don’t see her updates on www.dropbox.com either, is it possible she's accidentally updating a different file under a similar name/in a different location instead? 

Can you ask her for the exact filepath of the file she's updating to make sure that's not the case?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    ldr New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?