cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created Albums on my android device, why can't I see them anywhere else?

I created Albums on my android device, why can't I see them anywhere else?

angelini1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have put about 3k photos in to albums on my mobile android.  It has obviously taken forever.  Now I have logged on to my pc to start a project to make photo books and I can't find the albums?!  This is a disaster...can anyone tell me where they would be in the ablum format.  They are just there in photos in time (ish) order!!

Thank you!

11 Replies 11

sheshe
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Just an FYI this is a disappointing answer! I have done the same thing- created several albums on my android Ap (which GREAT by the way and easy to use) only to find the PC version sucks!
I am paying a LOT for this product to NOT do things that seem as if they should be simple. If my phone is linked to the Dropbox account- it should be linked to web account. Otherwise what exactly is the point?
I have struggled for years with the desk top version and I wish someone would out some real effort into synching this type of issue.
Ps the "share" suggestion doesn't work either. It tells me I can't share to my own Dropbox account (so see, even the system knows thus should be an automatic!)
Please advise when/if this ever gets resolved. Very disappointing. And again I'll say the android ap version is WAY better than the PC one - so please don't confuse that! If there's a way to make the PC like the android ap - it would be fabulous!

chasDSO
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Just wow.

We've been dropbox subscribers for years, I've had our family all connected savings our files and photos from phones.

For years I manually dragged and dropped photos into folders - but eventually gave up. What a huge time suck.  Meanwhile, the photos piled in for a couple of years.  

Recently on my phone, I realized we had years of untagged/unmoved photos in 'Camera Uploads' so I decided to investigate other products for managing our photos. I'm shocked how BAD this experience is on dropbox compared to other products.  I thought, well might as well just leave the images in Camera Uploads and then tag them into albums. So I created a dozen or so albums, only to discover, there is no way to view albums anywhere other than our Android phones!

Fail.

Dropbox, solve this. Creating folders and moving, sharing, what a complete overload of asking users to spend useless hours clicking and dragging - when it is SO easy to select a photo and add to an album.  This is the experience we need.

I can only guess there must be some infringement on a feature someone grabbed a patent/copyright or something. To read in this thread the features existed for desktop etc and then REMOVED is mind boggling. 

Please implement everything uniform regardless of device. This is basic product design 101.

Meanwhile, I'm looking into many other products to completely remove all of our family data and our dropbox account, because I actually do feel this capability and feature is worth moving off dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

chasDSO Helpful | Level 5
    sheshe Explorer | Level 4
    hox New member | Level 2
    DarrienG New member | Level 2
    simsickles New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?