cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sync

I can't sync one of my shared folders locally; it only appears on the website.

evarr
New member | Level 2

I have a problem with the sync process. The Dropbox app installation on my desktop is correct, the app works fine. The problem I have is that there is a folder shared with me (the owner is another user and he shared it with me for me to edit), I can see and edit the files in this folder in the browser, however, the shared folder cannot be viewed in any way in the file explorer on my computer (locally). The dropbox app says that there is no sync problem. I have already checked all the settings and my shared folder appears synced but I cannot see it in the file explorer, only in the browser. Help.

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @evarr, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you check if the folder contains any incompatible characters for your OS?

Additionally, is the folder deselected in the selective sync window?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

evarr
New member | Level 2

Hi! Thanks for answer. My computer has Windows and the owner of that folder that I cannot see in the file browse (only on navegator) is iOS (Apple).

I already checked the folder's name and it has on its name these characters: . , and numbers on it. 

is beause of the incompatible characters thay I can's sync this folder on my computer?

Thank you.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@evarr, there’s no space after the . (dot), correct? If there’s a space, the folder would most likely not sync to your desktop app, as it’s considered to be incompatible, as well. The folder would need to be renamed via the website, in this case, and the space removed.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?