cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cant see the Mac folder on Dropbox

I can no longer see my Mac backup on the website and the mobile app

Aju George K.
Explorer | Level 3

I have been using dropbox for more than 5 years without any issue. Recently when i opened in Dropbox.com, I am not seeing my Mac folder which was syncing. Instead i am seeing that as a Backup (dont know whether it is syncing). Also when i open dropbox app on cell, this folder dont showup and cant access my Mac. I also checked on Selective Sync, there also Mac folder is missing. What could be the issue

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your post, @Aju George K.!

If I get it right, you no longer see your Mac backup on the Backups page here, correct? If you click on the “Backup” option you mention instead, can you see your files then?

Also, if you go to your Mac computer, do you see the folders you’ve backed up? If yes, I want you to add a small file in them and then check if it shows up here.

As for your mobile app not showing your Mac backup, it sounds like you’re now using the updated version of Dropbox Backup, so this is expected behavior. For more info, you can check this Help Center article

Let me know what you find.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Aju George K.
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Nancy. Can I reverse the updation of Dropbox Backup. This has changed because of that. Mobile app has become useless to search for my files in Mac

Thanks

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I’m afraid this isn’t possible. However, I’ve made sure your feedback has been passed on to our team, so that they can see how this affects you.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?