cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sync external drive

How to sync my files on an external drive?

Nadine_NB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello, I would like to store my photos and music on an external drive and then synchronise this drive via Dropbox (macbook, imac, ipad etc.). Is this possible or can I just make a backup? How do I set up selective synchronisation so that the data is on the external drive but not on the Mac? I would really appreciate a simple solution. Thanks - Nadine

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Nadine_NB wrote:

I would like to store my photos and music on an external drive and then synchronise this drive via Dropbox ...

Dropbox will only sync the items located in your local Dropbox folder. It can back up your external drive, but it's not the same sync process as your Dropbox folder.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Nadine_NB wrote:

I would like to store my photos and music on an external drive and then synchronise this drive via Dropbox ...

Dropbox will only sync the items located in your local Dropbox folder. It can back up your external drive, but it's not the same sync process as your Dropbox folder.

Nadine_NB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Need more support?