cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to multiple delete access to a folder?

How to multiple delete access to a folder?

demonboy
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have a folder and have given read-only access (View, not Edit) to 400 contacts. I need to go through and remove around 200 of these contacts.

Using the web interface the only way of doing this seems to be to bring up the window showing all people who have access and then go through each one, changing their status from 'View' to 'Remove'. This is taking approximately 30 seconds for each contact, so I'll be here all day doing this.

How can I bring up a list of all people with access to this folder and just click a check-box against each one and click 'remove' in one go?

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @demonboy, I hope you're doing well!

At the moment, I'm afraid it's not possible to be able to view and edit at once, all the members you've shared content with. You'd need to do this for each folder individually, for security reasons. 

I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve.

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

demonboy
New member | Level 2
Are you suggesting that I either have to go through each one manually with your really slow interface and delete every one in turn, or delete the whole folder and send out new invites to the remaining contacts, both of which will take me hours?

That's not just disappointing, that's pretty unprofessional. This is a basic requirement for shared folders, surely.

Mark
Super User II

@demonboy yes thats exactly how it has to be done I'm afraid. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    demonboy New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?