cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Other image backups?

How to manually upload content saved on my phone, from third-party apps using the mobile app?

DukeOfURL
New member | Level 2

I used to have an iPhone, and it seems that the iPhone puts all pictures regardless of their source into the same folder, and the dropbox app automatically backs that up to the Camera Uploads.

Now I have an android phone, and it puts pictures saved from various apps into different places, and then the dropbox app automatically backs up MOST of them.  It gets ones from Camera, Screenshots, and Facebook, but not Messenger, (Chrome) Downloads, Twitter, or Reddit, and a couple other minor players.

How can I get Dropbox to automatically back those up as well, and bonus for keeping everything in a separate folder in my dropbox/Camera Uploads

Do I need to tell it what folders to grab?  If so, where?

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @DukeOfURL, let's jump right into this! 

When  you say that Dropbox backs up most of these files, do you mean that you see them under your camera uploads, or have you created the necessary folders in your account? 

Have you tried manually uploading the content? Keep in mind that you might need to do this outside of your Camera Uploads folder, for better results. Is this something that would work for you? 

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DukeOfURL
New member | Level 2

I havent created any folders, it just happens automatically, it always has.  But I'm not opposed to creating folders if needed.

I havent tried manually uploading the content, I don't even know how to do that (but I'm not opposed to doing that if necessary) - I just want it to happen automatically as I slowly add things to those folders on my phone by saving into them from their respective apps.

I'm a mixture high and low experience at this, with unexplained holes in my knowledge.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @DukeOfURL, in general, only the Camera roll and Screenshots folders should be backed up when using the automated camera upload feature. If other albums or folders are backed up, it might be to with how they're stored on your device.

Currently, it isn't possible to add other folders to be backed up, nor to have the upload to different locations or folders on the Dropbox site.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?