cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to acces a shared folder that is bigger than my current plan ?

How to acces a shared folder that is bigger than my current plan ?

nathanais
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I cannot access a shared folder online that is 43 Go and my current plan is 2 Go.

I tried opening it on the desktop version but I can't find the 43 Go folder.

I have a smaller folder that I can both access online and from my desktop.

Thanks in advance for your help,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

Without paying for an upgrade you cannot if you need edit access. You need to have enough quota on your account to be able to access the share. 

If you just need readonly access ask for a shared link instead 🙂

Or if you need to edit work download it from a shared link and send back via File Requests. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Without paying for an upgrade you cannot if you need edit access. You need to have enough quota on your account to be able to access the share. 

If you just need readonly access ask for a shared link instead 🙂

Or if you need to edit work download it from a shared link and send back via File Requests. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

nathanais
New member | Level 2

Thanks Mark, sounds great 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nathanais New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?