cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I create a link so I can share it with an organization?

How can I create a link so I can share it with an organization?

darlaflute
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am a flutist and I have uploaded a performance in my dropbox that I need to share in a portal for an organization. The link has to be available for anyone in the organization who needs to see it. I currently am not sharing the link correctly I believe. Every time I copy link into their portal page, it isn't blue. How do I do this?

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@darlaflute wrote:

I have uploaded a performance in my dropbox that I need to share in a portal for an organization. Every time I copy link into their portal page, it isn't blue.

First, make sure you're following these steps for creating a view-only shared link.

Beyond that, Dropbox has no control how the link appears on other sites. It could be that you're pasting the link into a plain text field, in which case there would be no formatting, just plain black text. Or it could be that the portal you're adding it to doesn't support links that have a redirect, which all Dropbox links have. Another possibility is that the portal is expecting a direct link to the file, rather than a link to a preview page of that file. If that's the case, consider altering the link to force a download or force render in the browser.

darlaflute
New member | Level 2
Hello,

Thank you for this help. You are correct in assessing that it comes up as plain text. It is just a plane field that I have to put this into on this portal. I will try this force load suggestion later this evening. I let you know how it went. Thanks again!
Need more support?