cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems syncing with File Provider on Mac OS

Having problems syncing with File Provider on Mac OS

-caffeinated-
Helpful | Level 5

Ok this thing just never seems to work anymore. I've updated to the new File Provider system, hoping to alleviate some of the pain of using Dropbox on MacOS (I use Ableton a lot and supposedly synced files often, although randomly, end up missing or displaying as 'zero bytes'). Now I've updated to the new File Provide system things are either stuck syncing for literally days, or they magically complete syncing, and then I drag a file in from my hard drive and we're back to syncing forever. It has every firewall exception it needs and full access to my hard drive. 

I get that Apple have changed the ways files are accessed by apps a while back, but it shouldn't be this hard!

35 Replies 35

-caffeinated-
Helpful | Level 5

Hi there, 

Are there any updates on this? The following remain issues (Dropbox and MacOS both current):

- Exports from applications into DB folder (from Ableton in my case) do not sync without me renaming them

- Still getting the 'syncing forever' issue where DB just seems to hang

Thanks

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @-caffeinated-, sorry to see that you're still having this issue.

I see that Nancy had reached out to you via email, but the ticket was closed due to inactivity.

Since the issue persists, I'd suggest reaching out to our support team directly through this page.

Our team will be able to look into your issue in a more account-specific way and will be able to assist you further.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DmytroGo
New member | Level 2

Hey

Dropbox and MacOS versions are latest.
Seems that i have the same problem. At some point of time i had indexing which was stuck and nothing helps except logging out and in. I did that. It creates second dropbox folder, which were syncing (where some of the files were missing). And there was the old dropbox folder which wasn't syncing anymore. It was fine, i needed some time to delete duplicated files and find out what was missing. Then it works. And dropbox asked me to move folder to file provider (/library/cloudstorage/dropbox). And it started indexing and stuck. So now i can not sync or use dropbox. The only way is to go to the website and download files. I'm already talking to support by email. But so far the problem hasn't solved.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @DmytroGo, sorry to see that you're having an issue with syncing on your Dropbox application.

What is your computer's exact OS version at the moment?

Also, can you send us the ticket number for your communication with support, so we can locate it in our system as well?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

DmytroGo
New member | Level 2

Sonoma 14.5
Ticket #23941117 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @DmytroGo, I've located your ticket and have prioritized it to expedite matters on your behalf. The support team should be better placed to assist you with any device-specific issues.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    DmytroGo New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?