cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Giving others access to upload to a folder

Giving others access to upload to a folder

PeterWiggy
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I want to be able to share a link to botanists, that will allow them to create a folder with name, date and place and then upload a dozen or so pictures of a plant to enable identification. 

Having read the help files, I don't think this is possible unless the contributors have  DropBox account. Is this correct?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@PeterWiggy wrote:

Having read the help files, I don't think this is possible unless the contributors have  DropBox account. Is this correct?

Correct. You would need to invite them to a shared folder which would require a Dropbox account.

Alternatively, you can create a File Request which would allow them to upload to your Dropbox without an account, but they wouldn't have the option to create a folder. You would just receive the files as they're uploaded.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@PeterWiggy wrote:

Correct. You would need to invite them to a shared folder which would require a Dropbox account.

Alternatively, you can create a File Request which would allow them to upload to your Dropbox without an account, but they wouldn't have the option to create a folder. You would just receive the files as they're uploaded.

Need more support?