cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not syncing down to Mac

Files not syncing down to Mac

seycah
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I use selective sync in macOS Ventura. The bar icon shows that everything is synced but in the actual folder there are online-only files (next to which there is a cloud icon with a downward arrow on it). If I click on the icon it syncs. But I want all my folders to be synced automatically without my intervention. Plus, there is no specific section to report sync issues. There should be! Even the labels I have to choose from are irrelevant! What's happening with Dropbox? Get it together already!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @seycah, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It sounds like you're not referring to selective sync, since this prevents entire folders from appearing on your local machine.

Instead, you're referring to the option to mark files as available offline or online-only. Have you tried right clicking the Dropbox folder and choosing to make it available offline, so that all the files download?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @seycah, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It sounds like you're not referring to selective sync, since this prevents entire folders from appearing on your local machine.

Instead, you're referring to the option to mark files as available offline or online-only. Have you tried right clicking the Dropbox folder and choosing to make it available offline, so that all the files download?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

seycah
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Wow!

Sorry for being so negative before.

I am embarrassed.

Dropbox still rocks!

Thanks!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No worries, glad to have helped out. If you need any further assistance in the future, please let me know.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

andrew0803
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This solution does not account for users who work with limited disk space and do not wish to have all their files downloaded to their local machine at all times (which almost completely defeats the purpose of using Dropbox in the first place).

I realize that there are macOS kernel API issues at play here and there is not much that Dropbox can do about it. But being able to sync files automatically (without having to right click and select "make available offline") was the major selling point of the service for me. If we are relegated to having to manage file access manually then there are many cheaper options than Dropbox out there. This is basically a deal breaker for me personally.

seycah
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

You still have that option. In fact I am using that option. So I am not syncing all folders. My issue was resolved when I went to the folders I chose to sync right click on all of them and make available offline.

shanelle13579
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have done ALL of that and I have contacted dropbox a total of 10 times. Not only have they not gotten back to me. Nobody will actually help. See screenshots. Everything I have updated in the past two weeks is gone. Pics attached. For ten days now. First it said Synching files and now this. Nobody at dropbox will help. Just the runaround. I am cancelling everything.

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

  

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @shanelle13579, sorry to hear about that!

I would like for you to locate your Dropbox icon on your menu bar, next to your WiFi and date and hover your mouse over it. That should give you the version of the app, in order to check if it's a stable one. 

Also, how long has this been going on? If you have any relevant ticket numbers from your communication with our Support, feel free to share them with me, in order for me to check the steps you've tried on your end. 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    shanelle13579 New member | Level 2
    seycah Helpful | Level 5
    andrew0803 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?